||Demolished / Renovated:
||Yonkers, NY United States of America
Built from 1896 to 1906, this power plant rests right on the edge of the Hudson River in Yonkers, NY. The plant provided electricity to the railroad nearby for about 44 years before being closed down entirely in the 1960s.
All major equipment has been removed from the interior, but many smaller interesting details remain, such as control panels with many different types of instrumentation, chained pulley systems and rusted tools strewn about the muddy floors. The property is under private ownership and currently for sale.