As the website grows larger, the comments under the photos build exponentially. This creates an issue in that many comments are offhanded or are not insightful, and they wind up cluttering the page. These comments, although not in violation of the rules, may be removed after a certain time to reduce overhead, bandwidth, and web page congestion.
What you can do to prevent your comment from being removed, and to help the website:
- Please do not respond to recent, "flaming" types of comments which will be deleted as soon as possible. If you contribute to such a person, it makes things more difficult as your comments will need to be to removed as well.
- Try to refrain from relating the image to movies, etc. For example, "This looks like Silent Hill" does not add much insight or information to anyone.
- Short, obvious comments do not help, such as, "Looks scary," "Wow," "Cool" etc.
- Criticism, both good and bad are welcome, but comments such as "This sucks," "Great shot," and "Beautiful photo" build up after a while and most people do not want to sift through all of these.
- Please do not ask or state where locations are. Many are listed under pseudonyms, do not reveal the true names of these places.
- Do not use HTML or any other kind of codes in your name or message.
We welcome comments that solve mysteries, or that discuss things or places where you might be more knowledgeable than most. Thank you for taking the time to read this and helping make this website better for everyone!